Sunday 14 July 2013

Kissed by a Medusa

Throughout the past days I have spent some time on vacation along the Amalfi Coast. Just 4 hours away from Rome it is like a piece of paradise and a home away from home for me.

View of Capri from our Community


Our community's residence (see here for google map) probably boasts one of the most beautiful views of the Isle of Capri - famous home of Tiberius Ceasar's Summer Palace (On top of the cliff closest in photo above. They say Tiberius used to push his wives off the cliff when he got tired of them...thank God for Christianity!...). It is no secret that we've been blessed to  enjoy the time we did there despite the fact we were eight to a room and...bed bugs! Itchy!

One of the interesting experiences I had throughout this time off was getting KISSED BY A MEDUSA... 'Medusa' in Italian means Jellyfish...that's right. I got stung by a jellyfish while swimming in the beautiful waters of the Mediterranean. What does if feel like? ELECTRIC FIRE!!!. For your benefit I'm not going to include any photos of the scars - no worries I am not scarred for life.

500 steps to the ancient fishers' bay - Isle of Isca in the background

All in all these holidays as beautiful as they have been have reminded me that Heaven takes guts! I don't think I could record the quantity of kilometers hiking and swimming and the number of bug bites...All in the midst of one of the most beautiful sceneries in the world. Heaven is not for the Faint-hearted - we have to battle (and let God lead us in it) to "fight the good fight" (1Tim 6:12) of which St. Paul speaks about.

Well, for now - Rome sweet Home! 


In a medieval tower with the Mediterranean in the background 











No comments:

Post a Comment