Sunday 5 May 2013

A Journey to the feet of a Mother

There is a small shrine in the Vatican Gardens unknown to many dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe in which an sculpture of St. Juan Diego holds the tilma with Our Lady before the Franciscan Bishop of Mexico City. Mary can do great things through small people. If you would like to see what God can do with an 'insignificant' young girl from a remote corner of civilization, please see exhibit A: Mary, Our Mother.
 

View of St Peter's Basilica from Pope Benedict's new residence
 

In a few days I will be going on a journey, a pilgrimage, to Medjugorje. A few family members are coming to Rome on a pilgrimage and have graciously invited me to accompany them in their Marian Pilgrimage. Personally I don't really have a personal devotion to a geographic Madonna but I can say with great satisfaction that I have always loved Our Lady and, better yet, Our Lady has always loved me.


Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in the Vatican Gardens


Just like my trip up Gran Sasso (click here to see how that went) I would like to invite you to come along spiritually. I'm leaving on Thursday and I'll be back on Tuesday of the following week. I would love to collect your prayer intentions to bring with me so that I can remember all of you in my prayers and offer them to Our Lady.
 
Here are a few that come to mind:
 
1. For a cousin who will be defending her doctorate in Theology soon.
2. For all seminarians that they persevere despite the hardships they endure.
3. For all those soon to marry, but especially Vanessa L. and Ray D. as well as Simone R. and Alessandra
4. For Life, from the womb to the tomb.
 
I would be honored if you sent me an intention, please send it to brotherjohnlc@gmail.com
 
Thank you!
God bless, Brother John LC