Thursday 11 June 2015

A Prayer to the Sacred Heart

A Consecration Prayer to the Heart of Jesus
This unworthy prayer was written by me. Ed Sheeran's song Photograph accompanies this Consecration Prayer. It is a dialogue with our Lord who sings to us through the Song and lets us know how much He Loves us through His Heart. Make it yours.


Dear Lord,

We've spent the last few days considering what makes you tick. Your Heart.

Ed Sheeran sings in his song Photograph how
"Loving can hurt...but it's the only thing I know..." (Ed Sheeran, Photograph)
Heart of Jesus, If there is something you know how to do...it is to Love.


The Heart is the vital organ which gives life to the rest of the body. It functions without requiring a nervous stimulation from the brain. It 'beats on its own'. In Biblical talk the Heart goes beyond the material muscle it is what moves us, what is at the deepest core of our thoughts and desires. 

"When it gets hard you know it can get hard sometimes. [Loving] is the only thing that makes us feel alive..." (Ed Sheeran, Photograph)
Heart of Jesus, you felt the sorrows and the pain yet your only consolation was in loving us. 


"So you can keep me - Inside the pocket of your ripped jeans - holding me closer 'til our eyes meet - You won't ever be alone, wait for me to come home..." (Ed Sheeran, Photograph)

Heart of Jesus, I will not just keep the memory of you in a pocket but close to my own heart. I welcome you into my life, into my heart. Please, come into my home. I will wait for you.


"Loving can heal, loving can mend your soul - And it is the only thing that I know...And it is the only thing we take with us when we die..." (Ed Sheeran, Photograph)
Heart of Jesus, you showed us that your Love healed us, made us whole, brought us back to life. Let it be the only thing we know in life. Let the rest be left behind. You showed us how it was the only thing we take with us as you climbed upon the cross.


"And if you hurt me, that's O.K....Inside these pages you just hold me...I won't ever let you go...Wait for me to come home..." (Ed Sheeran, Photograph)
Heart of Jesus, I have hurt you so many times throughout my life. I want to hold the pages of your Divine Word, your Will for my life. I know you won't ever let me go and please grant me the patience to wait for you to come home.


"You can fit me...Next to your heartbeat where I should be - Keep it deep within your soul" (Ed Sheeran, Photograph)

Heart of Jesus, I invite you to beat deep within my soul, within my own heart. Let our hearts beat together. You are the Love of my Heart and my Soul. I give you my all. And let that be my last word.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment