Wednesday 3 June 2015

Sacred Heart Novena Day 3 of 9: Growth

Apse Mosaic of St. Clement Church - Rome, Italy

John 15: 1-5 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the vine grower." He takes away every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and everyone that does he prunes so that it bears more fruit. You are already pruned because of the word that I spoke to you. Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing.


Dear Lord,

At the heart of your Gospel is a call to growth, both personal and spiritual. You ask us to be part of a Kingdom that as a "mustard seed that grows and puts out its branches for the birds" (cf. Lk 13:19). Let your Holy Spirit be purpose of growth for my life. Let my union with you, the branch be what breathes life into me and do not let me be afraid of the Father of Mercies who cuts away the excess so that I bear more fruit. 

Lord, you sought from the very depths of your heart to incorporate me into your new Life. Let my every heartbeat be yours and do not let me be parted from you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment